Our Terms and Conditions of Use discuss how we handle, encrypt, and protect the data you choose to store on our servers (and any related data) ("Backup Data"), as well as other matters. All provisions of the Terms and Conditions of Use are incorporated into this document by reference.
Why NC Collects Personal InformationNC collects your Personal Information at a variety of points, including when you place an order, download a new product or update, register a license, request services, store Backup Data, confer with one of our customer support technicians, or take part in other activities on our Website. During these interactions we will collect Personal Information relevant to your transaction with NC, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, employment information, and credit card, banking or billing information, along with information about the NC Products or Services you license, such as the activation code, date of purchase, and information relating to a support issue. NC will use your Personal Information to send you messages through desktop alerts, SMS/Text messaging, email, etc. concerning updates to NC Products or Services. Please be aware that if you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, we may not be able to, or may choose not to, make NC Products or Services available to you.
Regarding ChildrenNC Products or Services are not marketed to or intended for use by individuals who cannot legally bind a contract. Accordingly, NC does not intentionally gather any Personal Information about visitors or customers who are under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 or otherwise lack the capacity to enter into a binding contract, do not use our Website or services yourself. Please ask an adult to establish an account with us instead.
Cookies and Other TechnologiesNC uses "cookies" and other technologies to collect data that enable us to better understand and improve the usability, performance and effectiveness of our Website. Cookies are files sent to your browser and stored on your computer. If you do not want NC to send cookies to your browser, you can set your browser options to reject cookies or to notify you when a Website tries to put a cookie into your browser software. Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some features of NC Products or Services.
NC gathers general information about visits to our Website, the files you have marked for backup, the configuration of your computer and your computer’s interaction with NC, and stores this information in log files. NC uses this information to understand traffic and downloads on our Website, enabling us to improve the site, provide the best online experience possible, and improve our ability to serve our customers.
To install NC Products or Services on your computer, you must be an "Authorized Administrator." By installing NC Products or Services on your computer, you grant NC the right to back-up any and/or all of the files on the computer regardless of who might be the creator, originator, editor, or otherwise the owner of those files. You assume sole responsibility for NC receiving access to and backing-up those files.
Sharing Your Personal InformationNC will not provide unaffiliated third parties with access to your email address or other contact information. NC or the NC Affiliates may, from time to time, share with you information about other products and services that we think you may find to be of interest. If you wish to change the types of communications you receive from us, you may do so by modifying your profile at www.MyPCBackup.com, by emailing your request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking on an appropriate link in any NC email communication to you.
How We Communicate with YouNC may, from time to time, send you emails, or desktop alerts or other communications containing the following types of information: notifications of detected problems with your service; notifications concerning the expiration of your account; activity status reports; service and software upgrade notices; notices concerning new or related products or services from NC or other providers, enhancements, and price changes, notifications regarding suspected unlawful or inappropriate use, and requests for feedback on your NC Products or Services.
Security for Your Personal InformationNC has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your Personal Information in our customer database. Personal Information provided to NC is stored in secure facilities with access restricted to authorized personnel only. Although we make good faith efforts to store the Personal Information we collect in a secure operating environment that is not accessible to unauthorized users, we cannot guarantee complete security.
NC encrypts the files that we process before they leave your computer. NC uses SSL or similar Transmission Encryption technology before sending your files to our data centers. Your encrypted backup files transmitted to our servers are stored in facilities with access restricted to authorized personnel only. NC does not encrypt the file names or file type information.
By Using the NC Product that permits you to download your backed up files to any computer that has a connection to the Internet you understand that NC will be decrypting these files before they leave NC’s servers and that once decrypted these files can be reviewed by anyone who may be able to access them.
NC will not decrypt your files unless i) it reasonably believes that it must do so to troubleshoot problems with the NC Products or Services or ii) it reasonably believes it must do so in order to comply with a law, subpoena, warrant, order, or a certification requirement, such as the requirements of 18 U.S.C. § 2703.
However, if you elect to Use NC Products or Services that permit you to access Backup Data from an Internet enabled computer other than by using NC Software on your registered computer, then your Backup Data will be decrypted by NC in its data center and sent to you in a decrypted form via public infrastructure. You election to use such products or services may make the contents of these files to accessible to individuals or entities other than you and those you intend. By using such products and services, you knowingly accept this risk.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Personal InformationYou can access selected Personal Information that we collect online by selecting the "My Account" tab on our home page and logging in. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your Personal Information on our Web site or by sending a request (to email@example.com) that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
European Personal Identifiable InformationThe Personal Information we collect from individuals or equipment located in the European Economic Area ("European Personal Information") may be processed on servers in the United States.
NC has selected the Safe Harbor mechanism as the means for complying with its obligations under the EU Data Privacy Directive 95/46/EC and Member State implementing legislation to provide adequate safeguards for the privacy and security of European Personal Information transferred out of the European Economic Area.
Definitions Applicable to European Personal InformationThe following definitions apply to NC's policies pertaining to protection of privacy and security interests in European Personal Information.
"NC" means NC, Inc., its subsidiaries and its predecessors and successors.
"Personal Information" means any information or set of information that identifies or could readily be used by NC or its agents to identify an individual. Personal Information does not include information that is encoded or anonymized, or publicly available information that has not been combined with non-public Personal Information.
"Sensitive European Personal Information" means European Personal Information that reveals race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or that concerns health or sex life.
Privacy Principles Applicable to European Personal InformationNC will process European Personal Information in accordance with the following principles:
- NOTICE. Where NC collects Personal Information directly from individuals in the EEA, we will inform them about the purposes for which we collect and use their Personal Information, the types of non-agent third parties to which NC may disclose that information, and the choices and means, if any, NC offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Information. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Information to NC, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before NC uses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
- CHOICE. Where NC collects Personal Information directly from individuals in the EEA, NC will offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt-out) whether their Personal Information is (a) to be disclosed to a non-agent third party, or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. For Sensitive Personal Information, NC will give individuals the opportunity to affirmatively and explicitly (opt-in) consent to the disclosure of the information to a non-agent third party or the use of the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. NC will provide individuals with commercially reasonable mechanisms to exercise their choices.
- SECURITY. NC will take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- DATA INTEGRITY. NC will use Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. NC will take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete, and current to the extent appropriate for its intended use.
- ACCESS. Upon request, NC will grant individuals commercially reasonable access to Personal Information that it holds about them. In addition, NC will take commercially reasonable steps to permit individuals to correct, amend, or delete information that is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact NC at the address given below.
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your complaint or your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by NC, you should then contact:
Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor
4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 800
Arlington, VA 22203
NC Contact informationIf you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although we strongly prefer email communication, you may also send regular postal mail to:
Hamilton Road, Cosham, Portsmouth,